Apply for Turkish Student Visa in Ghana, Requirements & Application Guide.
Turkish Student Visa in Ghana… Obtaining a student visa before departing your home country is a requirement for formal registration as a student at a Turkish university. Therefore, students who come to Turkey without a student visa will neither be allowed to register as a student at the university nor receive a residency permit once in the country.
Student visas must be obtained from a Turkish consulate, generally the one nearest your place of residence in the country of your nationality. Student visas CANNOT be issued from within Turkey. You must take or mail a copy of your “Letter of Acceptance” from a Turkish university and a completed visa application form to the appropiate Turkish Consulate. Consulate staff can provide you with an application form upon request. Please note that it generally takes around eight weeks from the time you submit your application until you receive your visa. The student visa will be stamped in your passport.
Turkey is one European country that catches the fancy of many people. The country has a lot of tourist attraction centres. Of recent, the country has seen the influx of international students enrolling in various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across different universities in the country. If you wish to visit the country for any other reason.
See also: Australia Visa Lottery Application Form and How to Apply Online
How to Apply for Turkish Student Visa in Ghana
The following is a simplified process which would help you to successfully secure the travel document to Turkey:
Turkey Student Visa
The Turkey student visa is also known as Education Visa. International students from Ghana will need Turkey student visa or Education Visa to study in Turkey. This visa category is specifically for international students who are enrolled in a Turkish University.
Duration of Turkey Student Visa
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose. The Turkey student visa is valid for up to 3 months or more. The Turkey Student Visa allows you to stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Turkey after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a different visa or a visa renewal through the immigration office.
Cost of Study Visa for Turkey
The cost of the Portugal Student visa is 80 USD. The price is always the same no matter the duration of your studies. You can pay the visa fee at the visa application centre in Ghana.
Note: These rates are liable to change with time and circumstance.
Visit the visa application centre for more detailed information.
How to Renew Student Visa in Turkey
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in a Turkish University. However, you will need to show evidence of your eligibility and must apply from inside the Turkish territory before your visa expires. If you want to stay back at the end of your study, you will need to apply for another type of visa.
See also: Ghanaian International Passport Application Centers and Address
Turkey Student Visa Application Required Documents
- Letter of admission or acceptance from a Turkish University or school or language course certified by the Ministry of Education.
- Completed visa application form
- Your International passport (must be at least 6 months valid after the date of application).
- A 50x60mm passport photo on white background attached to the application form but not stapled.
- Flight booking with confirmed dates.
- Evidence of payment for visa application fee.
- Proof of accommodation in Turkey – hotel booking or any other accommodation.
- Six-month bank statements of the applicant or applicant’s sponsor.
- Letter from sponsor bearing his/her financial means and stating that s/he will be responsible for applicant’s expenses (if being sponsored).
How to Apply for Turkish Student Visa From Ghana
- Apply for admission into Turkey University. Proceed to the next step when you have been granted admission.
- Visit the visa application centre in Ghana (Turkish embassy in Ghana) to obtain your visa application form. Fill same and submit at the embassy.
- Schedule a visa appointment (place your appointment at least eight weeks before your intended travel date).
- Have your biometric collected and have your visa interview.
All letters should be addressed to the Turkish embassy address as detailed.
NOTE: All supporting documents must be attached to your visa application form. Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Turkey Student Visa Application Time
Although a time limit will be indicated on your visa, your student visa remains valid as long as you are enrolled at school.
Waiting times for appointments and for processing applications will vary depending on your nationality and the time of year. You should apply at least 3 months before your university degree programme starts. After you’ve applied, you can expect that you’ll wait about 2 to 4 weeks for the decision.
See also: Canadian Visa Lottery Application Guidelines for Ghanaians
Tags: Turkish Student Visa in Ghana