Ghana School of Law Admission Entry Requirements, The Ghana School of Law Admission Requirements has been released for the 2018/2019 academic year.
The school management of Ghana School of Law has publicized the Entry Requirement also known as Admission Requirement for prospective candidates that seek admission into the institution for the 2018/2019 academic year.
These requirements are for various programmes offered at the institution, it serves as a guide in the application process. All interested applicants are to read through carefully making sure that they fulfil the requirements before putting in an application.
Ghana School of Law Admission Requirements
To qualify for admission to the Ghana School of Law for the Professional Law Course, applicants must be successful both at the Entrance Examination and Interview. The categories of applicants listed below are eligible to write the Entrance Examination:
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Public Universities in Ghana, including KNUST, Kumasi; University of Ghana(Legon) and GIMPA approved by the National Accreditation Board (NAB) and the General Legal Council (GLC).
- ALL LLB graduates from the Faculties of Law of Private University Colleges in Ghana approved by the NAB and GLC.
- ALL Ghanaian LLB graduates or holders of equivalent law degrees from Universities in the United Kingdom, Canada, United States of America and other common law jurisdictions who have obtained passes in all the prescribed subjects/courses for admission to the Professional Law Course.
- For the avoidance of doubt, applicants from overseas/foreign Universities who possess LLB certificates or certificates for equivalent law degrees shall be eligible to write the Entrance Examination if such applicants have passed the subjects below at the LLB or equivalent level:
- Ghana Constitutional Law
- Ghana Legal System and Methods
- Criminal Law
- Law of Equity and Succession
- Law of Torts
- Law of Contract
- Law of Immovable Property
- Company Law
- Commercial Law
In addition to the nine (9) subjects listed above, applicants must have studied and passed any one of the following subjects:
- Law of Natural Resources
- Environmental Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Law of Taxation
Applicants who are admitted to undertake the Professional Law Course are enrolled as Barristers at Law and Solicitors of the Supreme Court upon their successful completion of the Course.
Tags: Admission Entry Requirements Ghana School of Law, Ghana School of Law Admission Entry Requirements, Ghana School of Law Admission Requirements