3 Reasons You Should Create A Master CV: A Master CV is an essential career tool. But what exactly is a Master CV and how can you create one?
What exactly is a Master CV?
A Master CV is the CV that you are going to constantly update as your career progresses. It is basically a list of everything that you have ever done. This list should include:
- Each job title
- Each project worked on
- Each skill acquired
- Each qualification gained
- Each achievement attained
- Each professional organisation joined
- Each award won
How is Master CV different to your Application CV?
- A Master CV is a complete list of everything you have ever done
- Things only ever get added to your Master CV – nothing is ever deleted
- Your Master CV is NEVER sent to employers
- An Application CV is the CV that you submit to the employer
- Each Application CV is unique and is tailored to meet the requirements of the particular job
- Irrelevant information is not included – allowing greater focus on information relevant to the job
3 Reasons to Create a Master CV
1. Memory Aid
It is so easy to forget things during the course of your career. Updating your Master CV is vital to help you remember all the skills and experience that you have gained. Creating your Master CV will help you remember these things.
2. Application Tool
A Master CV is a great tool that you can use each time you apply for a job. Not sure if you have the right skills for the role – check your Master CV as you might be surprised to see that you acquired these skills in another role.
3. Career Progression
A Master CV helps you to monitor and evaluate how your career is progressing. By referring to your Master CV you can see how and when skills where obtained and what areas there are for improvement and progression.
It can be difficult for people to think about what information they will require in the future. However, by starting your Master CV now you will be helping to lay the foundations for your future success.
Tags: 3 Reasons You Should Create A Master CV