MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Innovate for 2018 Refugees Competition
Deadline: November 2, 2018
Are you an innovator with a technology-driven solution addressing a refugee problem? Apply for the MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Innovate for Refugees Competition 2018. This is a global competition for the best tech-driven solutions addressing the challenges faced by refugees across the globe.
Launched on World Refugee Day in 2016, the Innovate for Refugees program is an initiative by the MIT Enterprise Forum Pan Arab to find and reward innovative and tech-driven solutions for life-threatening challenges faced by refugees worldwide. When launched, the initiative gathered around over 30 community partner organizations who have helped in spreading the world and running local events to raise awareness on the challenges faced by refugees and encourage individuals to team up and innovate possible solutions. The competition has awarded 12 solutions with over 240,000 USD in equity free investments.
Winners will receive:
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Regional and international exposure
- Networking opportunities
- Cash prizes
- Entrants should be at least two members per team;
- At least one Arab national on the team;
- Solution is tech-driven;
- Solutions addresses a challenge faced by displaced populations.
- Innovation: A creative technology based solution or business process
- Scalability: A solution easily replicated and implemented regionally and globally
- Team: The experience, added value, and relevance of each team member
- Financial Sustainability: The ability to maintain the solution financially on the long term
- Impact: The extent to which the product positively benefits the lives of refugees across the globe
For more information, visit Innovate for Refugees Competition.
Tags: MIT Enterprise Forum (MITEF) Innovate for 2018 Refugees Competition