GAFCSC Admission Closing Date – Deadline: Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College Closing Date.
- The Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College, GAFCSC Admission form, requirements, How to apply online and application deadline has been released for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College (GAFCSC) is running a One Year Master of Science Course in Defence and International Politics from January 2019 at Otu Barracks, Teshie.
Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College Admission Closing Date
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 28TH SEPTEMBER, 2018
Submission of Application forms should be made to:
Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College
Otu Barracks, Teshie – Accra, Ghana
MASTER OF SCIENCE DEGREE COURSE IN DEFENCE AND INTERNATIONAL POLITICS (MDIP) 2019 ACADEMIC YEAR (WEEKEND CLASSES)
GAFCSC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR ADMISSION TO THE COURSE
The overall objective of the course is to equip participants with effective tools for analytical thinking, good judgement, leadership and other critical managerial skills in Defence and International
Politics. Specific objectives are to:
- Equip participants to achieve the highest professional standards in Defence, Security Management and International Politics.
- Equip graduates with specialized knowledge and skills to play a meaningful role in management and provide profesional leadership in Defence, Security and International Political
- Meet the demands and aspirations for continuing education of employees serving in public and private sector organizations involved in Defence and Security Studies. It will also provide opportunity for applicants who wish to pursue PhD.
- Prepare interested individuals for a career in Defence, Security and International Politics.
Courses Offered include:
• Theories and Concepts of Defence.
• Theories and Concepts of Security.
• Research Methods in Defence and International Politics.
• International Politics and Diplomacy.
• African Politics and Political Economy.
• International Law, Human Rights and Conflicts in Africa
• Youth and Conflict in Africa.
• Peace Operations.
• Terrorism and Counter Terrorism.
• Regionalism and Integration.
• Post Conflict Reconstruction and Development in Africa.
• Cold War, Post Cold War and International Politics.
• Early Warning Systems and Responce.
The Course is open to participants in Africa and the rest of the world. Targeted participants working with the following groups/organizations in Africa and outside the continent are encouraged
• Serving and Retired Military personnel.
• Security and Intelligence Agencies.International and Regional Organizations (UN, AU, SADC,
• Civil Society Groups.
• Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
• The Diplomatic Community.
• Public Servants.
• Members of Parliament.
• The Judiciary.
• Individuals with Interest in Defence, Security Studies and
Organization of Course
The Course will be organized on weekends (Friday 3pm-9pm and
Saturdays 9am – 3pm) from 25th January, 2019 to February 2020.
Classes will be held on alternate weekends. There will be no classes
on Public Holidays.
Ghana Armed Forces Command and Staff College Admission Requirements.
Admission to the Master of Science Degree Course in Defence and International Politics requires a good Bachelor’s Degree (second class lower or better) or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized
University. Basic understanding and comprehension of English is required. The course is open to both male and female applicants but female applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
• Download and complete the application form on the GAFCSC website: www.gafcscmil.edu.gh.
• Alternatively, you can pick a copy from the GAFCSC registry.
• Follow instructions on the form to complete it.
For other details about the course, contact the Registry on:
Telephone: +233 504041413