Nominations Open for 2019 Internet Hall of Fame 2019
Deadline: March 8, 2019
Do you know someone who has played a major role in the development and advancement of the Internet? Nominations are now open for the Internet Hall of Fame 2019 class of inductees. The Internet Hall of Fame recognizes a select group of visionaries, leaders, and luminaries who have made significant contributions to the development and advancement of the Internet.
The Internet Hall of Fame was launched in 2012 by the Internet Society. With more than 100 inductees, the Internet Hall of Fame celebrates Internet pioneers and innovators from around the world who have helped change the way we live and work today. Their trailblazing accomplishments are as broad and diverse as the Internet itself; expanding the Internet’s benefits into new regions and communities, and creating new technologies and standards that were foundational to the Internet’s development and expansion.
The Internet Hall of Fame recognizes:
- Individuals who were instrumental in the design and development of the Internet with exceptional achievements that impacted the Internet’s global advancement and evolution; or
- Individuals who made an outstanding technological, commercial, or other advances and helped to expand the Internet’s positive impact on the lives of others; or
- Individuals who made major contributions to the growth, connectivity, and use of the Internet, either on a global scale or within a specific region that resulted in global impact.
If you know an extraordinary person who helped to make the Internet what it is today, now is the time to start planning your nomination.
- Individuals worldwide who have played an extraordinary role in the conceptualization, building and development of the Internet globally are considered for induction into the Internet Hall of Fame.
- In addition to those who have been more visible, the Internet Hall of Fame seeks nominees who have made crucial, behind-the-scenes contributions.
Criteria for evaluation include:
- Impact: The contribution has made an extraordinary impact on the development or growth of the Internet, and was and may still be directly relevant to the Internet’s ongoing advancement and evolution.
- Influence: The contribution, relative to the Internet, has significantly influenced: 1) the work of others in the field; 2) society at large; or 3) another more defined but critical audience or region.
- Innovation: The contribution has broken new ground with original thinking/creativity that has established new paradigms, eliminated significant obstacles, or accelerated Internet advancements.
- Reach: The contribution has significantly impacted the Internet’s reach among society at large, within key audiences or specific geographies, with global impact.
Special consideration may also be given to nominees’ lifelong Internet-related accomplishments, contributions to more than one area of the Internet, and the overall benefit of their technological contributions to society.
- There is no requirement for the length of time the nominee has worked in/contributed to the Internet, and nominations can be made posthumously.
- Individuals previously nominated must be re-nominated to be considered, and individuals cannot nominate or endorse themselves.
- The nomination requires three (3) endorsement letters from three independent endorsers. The endorsement letters should come from people with a variety of perspectives, both inside and outside the nominee’s geographic region and place of employment, now or at the time of the contribution. The letters should reinforce the scope and global impact of the nominee’s work.
- The nominator must provide e-mail addresses for the three individuals that are to submit endorsement letters. An automated e-mail request will be sent to the endorsers with a copy of the nomination form. The nominator will be notified when each endorsement letter has been submitted. Please allow sufficient time for the letters to be submitted by 8 March.
- If the nominee’s contribution was primarily accomplished as part of a team effort, letters from other team members on the nominee’s specific contributions are encouraged, but not required. These letters are in addition to the three independent endorsement letters.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
For more information, visit Internet Hall of Fame.
Tags: Nominations Open for 2019 Internet Hall of Fame 2019