Job Vacancy Application at Food and Agriculture Organization Ongoing | How to Apply Online.
The Food and Agriculture Organization recruitment application form, requirements, eligibility, available positions, qualifications needed, application guidelines, application deadline-closing date, and other job updates in Ghana are published here on Ghloud.com for free.
Food and Agriculture Organization Job Vacancy Application Instruction.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization recruitment form portal is opened.
- All Eligible and Interested applicants should apply for the available vacancy position before the application deadline.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization Jobs recruitment application is totally free of charge
- Don’t send anyone money for this recruitment opportunity.
- Beware of Fraudsters!!!!
- Subscribe to our notification list with your email to receive the Latest Jobs Update.
Details of Food and Agriculture Organization Vacancy Position & How to Apply.
The Regional Office for RAF is responsible for leading FAO’s response to regional priorities for food security, agriculture and rural development through the identification, planning and implementation of FAO’s priority activities in the region. It ensures a multidisciplinary approach to programmes, identifies priority areas of action for the Organization in the Region and, in collaboration with departments and divisions at Headquarters, develops, promotes and oversees FAO’s strategic response to regional priorities. RAF also advises on the incorporation of regional priorities into the Organization’s Programme of Work and Budget and implements approved programmes and projects in the region, monitors the level of programme implementation and draws attention to problems and deficiencies. RAF develops and maintains relations with region-wide institutions including the Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Regional Office supports regional policy dialogue on food security, agriculture and rural development issues, facilitates the emergence of regional partnerships, and supports capacity development and resource mobilization for food security, agriculture and rural development in the region.
The Communication Officer reports to the Deputy Regional Representative for Africa.
Strategic communications, external relations, advocacy, media engagement, outreach, digital communications, publications.
Comprehensive communication and media relations expertise for the planning and delivery of OCC programmes, products and services and the development of related policies and specialized tools and systems
• Leads projects and/or work teams, leads and/or participates on Office teams, provides services and/or professional expertise in internal committees and working groups and represents FAO at inter-agency meetings;
• Plans and deliver programmes, products and services including related policies, systems and tools to facilitate the effective media relations and internal as well as external corporate communication;
• Analyzes information, data, statistics, relativities, trends, problems, and/or issues to support effective communication delivery, new initiatives, and the preparation of plans, strategies, reports, policies and/or other products;
• Provides specialist advice and expertise to internal and external partners on specific or complex cases, strategic communication, written communication, policy interpretation issues and/or best practices, etc.;
• Manages special projects and provides guidance to consultants for the development and implementation of new products, tools, and systems;
• Develops information, training materials and products to increase understanding of programmes, services and policies, promote capacity development;
• Develops relevant performance criteria and indicators to evaluate programmes, products and services.
• Leads in the planning, development and implementation of communications strategy for the region;
• Provides quality communication support to Senior Management in anticipating, mitigating and resolving communications/public relations issues/problems; Drafts key messages, talking points, presentations, opinion pieces.
• Prepares a diverse range of information communications products to highlight FAO priorities and achievements in the region; Produces communication products ranging from thematic reports to policy briefs, flagship publications and social media assets.
• Organizes and coordinates high-level/Ministerial events and coordinate communications coverage ranging from media engagements to social media coverage.
• Liaises on a regular basis with RAF Communication Network to ensure priorities are in coordination with OCC corporate guidelines;
• Provides advice and expertise to technical staff and senior representatives in the area of communications from social media, external relations/outreach, media relations, donor engagements, etc.;
• Engages with technical leads in the Regional Office, country-level offices, UN agencies (Economic Commission for Africa, UN Regional Offices, UN Information Centres), African Institutions (e.g. African Union Commission, African Development Bank, Regional Economic Communities) to develop ways to implement joint information campaigns;
• Develops strategic partnerships with key stakeholders to elicit support for and maximize impact of communication objectives;
• Develops capacity building initiatives to raise level of efficiency of country communication focal points;
• Builds network of influential media and opinion leaders on the continent; Contributes to designing, planning and organizing effective media coverage of activities and events and arrange for media contacts, briefings, press conferences, interviews, media reportages to field projects.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field.
• Seven years of relevant experience in communication, outreach, media relations, publications, digital communications
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish)
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
• Understanding of FAO policies and programmes is considered a strong asset
• Extent and relevance of experience in the field of communication services for prominent organizations, particularly at the international level, including substantive experience in journalism
• Extent and relevance of experience in drafting high-quality written materials for a wide variety of audiences
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Other benefits, subject to eligibility, include:
• Dependency allowances
• Rental subsidy
• Education grant for children
• Home leave travel
• 30 working days of annual leave per year
• Pension fund entitlements under the UN Joint Staff Pension Fund
• International health insurance; optional life insurance
• Disability protection
FAO encourages a positive workplace culture to increase inclusivity and diversity within its workforce. FAO applies measures in which all staff members contribute equally and in full to the work and development of the Organization. This includes:
• elements of family-friendly policies
• flexible working arrangements
• standards of conduct.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 8 Oct, 2020
However, if you have any Feeling regarding the Food and Agriculture Organization Job Recruitment, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.
Be Social By Sharing this post with Others!