Our differences make us unique and stronger. Every day, you will work with colleagues from different cultures. You will be challenged to see things in a new way and you will experience why differences are a strength. We actively support diversity and inclusion. We work for equality, ensuring we all have an equal opportunity to make the most of our talents.
You will be part of the Sub-Saharan Africa, Middle East and South Asia’s, Regional Aftermarket Sales Team who are dedicated to implementing sustainable solutions for our customers. By joining this team, you will have the chance to work in a multinational organization and in an environment involving different cultures and different challenges.
Purpose of the role
The Technical Sales Engineer position is responsible for driving the sales of our aftermarket cement industry. This is an individual contributor role working within our team “pod” structure reporting to the Head of Sales for the Sub Sahara Africa, Middle East and Pakistan Region and to Work closely with the Area Sales Manager of West Africa.
Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Arrange sales calls and meet with customers to sell our aftermarket parts/consumables,
- rebuilds & modernizations, and services portfolio.
- Act as the primary customer contact, building and maintaining strong relationships known for
- excellent customer service.
- Develop and implement sales strategies to increase market share; build value propositions
- and ROI to differentiate FLSmidth.
- Collaborate with internal teams to maximize sales potential and draft proposals.
- Visit installation sites to consult with customers on equipment operations, replacement
- requirements and pending scope of work.
- Maintain comprehensive account plans for our key accounts.
- Manage expense account to keep costs in line with budgeted regional target while adhering
- to defined budget guidelines.
- Complete regular entries and updates in CRM application to include contacts, appointments
- and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Area Sales Manager of Africa.
What You Bring
- B.S. degree in Engineering and 3-4 years of experience selling in the cement industry.
- Knowledge of industry & cement process equipment with specific knowledge and working experience on spare parts and services.
- Working experience on FLSmidth plants desirable
- Proactive nature with effective communication & presentation skills in English & French written & spoken and strong problem-solving skills.
- Eagerness to travel, 70-80% of time should be spent conducting visits to our customers.
- Ideal residential location would be in Ghana.
- Territory of coverage will be select cement accounts in Africa.
- Direct engagement and cement knowledge of these markets within this region as well as other
- industrial plants is a plus.
- Valid driver’s license
What We Offer
- As an equal opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion. We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
- FLSmidth is the leading supplier of engineering, equipment and service solutions to customers in the mining and cement industries – for more information please visit FLSmidth.com/careers
Closing Date : 25th November. 2021