Purpose of the Role
• Works in collaboration with the mechanical supervisors to maintain the physical assets of the terminal area.
• Perform the planned preventive, unplanned breakdown, and opportunity mechanical maintenance, refurbishment, repair activities to deliver quality, reliable equipment back to the Unit.
• Provides the day-to-day heavy equipment support.
• Act as maintenance support to Operations when called for to deal with prioritised needs of the terminal.
• Perform all the preventive mechanical maintenance activities and record in respective equipment history books
• Monitor / inspect, oiling and greasing, if required of all equipment on daily basis
• Testing, repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
• Adhere to maintenance plans to improve assets reliability and usage life span.
• Undertake preventive maintenance program for equipment’s as per schedule and record.
• Work in accordance with department goals as per the Company Maintenance Policy and strive towards reliability, cost-effectiveness, optimum maintenance and efficiency.
• Ensure the observance of safety and fire regulations and good housekeeping practices.
• Schedule the activities as per the maintenance plan.
• Report and discuss accidents, incidents, near misses, pollution or emission occurrences.
• Attends that equipment preparation requirements, e.g., permit to work, draining, cooling, etc.
• Maintain the area in an orderly manner.
Qualification Required & Experience
Key Competencies/Skills Required
• Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 3 Years’ experience as maintenance technician.
• Knowledge in entire process of the Terminal.
• Knowledge in computer.
• Strong documentation skill like maintaining log book etc.
• Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to perform basic math skills that will encompass, adding and subtracting fractions, word problems, percentages, mixed numbers, decimals, and basic mechanics.
• Knowledge in the use of measuring devices, like gauging tapes, thermometers, tapes measures, Knowledge of basic computer skills, excel, work Microsoft office and outlook.
• High level of attention to details
• Team player.
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to work at Tema Oil Terminal, please send a cover letter and a CV with the Position as the subject to:
Closing Date: 22 November, 2021