Responsible for efficient Financial Management and Accounting within the company. The role will lead best practice in Financial Management through the provision of high quality, consistent, robust, proactive and strategic financial information and advice to management and also ensure compliance with financial regulations.
Planning and Monitoring
- Responsible for annual budget compilation and implementation of budgetary control procedures.
- Review and process expenses, operating earnings, payroll and other statements.
- Preparation of overhead costs.
- Prepare bank statement and general ledger reconciliations.
- Monitor cash flow – Prepare cash flow statements, income and expenditure accounts and tax returns.
- Plan projects budget explore potential problems or opportunities and ensure that resources and staff are available to execute projects and assignments.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on Administrative activities.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and supporting management reports.
- Analyze and evaluate information from the financial reports and provide management with proposals on best practice in financial operations.
- Ensure that all reports to regulators and other external parties are submitted on schedule.
- Maintain payments and receipts for all transactions.
- Maintain company financial records (both electronic and physical) in accordance with company law, tax laws and corporate policy and all other legislative and statutory provisions.
- Update the asset register according to the required accounting principles and standards.
- Develop and maintain costing models for the company.
- Ensure the data integrity of all the company’s financial records.
- Train and review the performance of employees within the Finance and Admin Department on sound accounting practices.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the account officers in the different projects and/or subsidiaries.
- Perform any other work-related duties as assigned by the CFO.
- Work closely with CFO on the day to day running of the organization.
- Work daily with Finance and Administration Officers in projects and subsidiaries
- Manage the relationship with banks and external auditors and other required stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance related field
- Membership of ACCA/ICA
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Accounting practice
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting, financial analysis and control techniques
- Adept at Microsoft Office products and at least one accounting software
- Excellent computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheets and word processing programs at a highly proficient level
- Ability to use computerized Accounting Package Solutions
- Comprehensive knowledge of complex accounting principles and procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of inventory management and logistics procedures
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Leadership and supervisory abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise and use initiative
Personal Competencies/Soft Skills
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to handle sensitive company materials and information in a confidential manner
- High standards of personal integrity and adherence to professional and ethical standards
- Strong time management skills
Closing Date : 30th November. 2021
HOW TO APPLY