Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
About This Role
- To perform mechanical maintenance planning and scheduling for the process plant to avail the required resources, provide support to maintenance work groups, reduce unplanned equipment maintenance and prevent equipment breakdowns.
In This Role You Will:
Health, Safety and Environment
- Deliver on prescribed outcomes and / or provide support services, by applying Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environment systems, policies and protocols.
- Ensure that safety standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to and attend all safety meetings.
Manage New Work Requests
- Manage all new notifications or work requests by:
- checking for duplicate requests.
- reviewing requests and determining their validity.
- prioritising, setting due-dates and obtaining approvals, as required.
- managing the aged notifications or work request backlogs.
- converting notifications or work requests to work orders.
- attaching standard task or standard operating procedures where they exist.
Manage Completion of Work Orders in the Computerized Maintenance Management system(CMMS)
- Update Component Tracking in CMMS.
- Check that work orders are completed with appropriate labor, materials and coding in a timeous manner.
- Review closing comments and improvement suggestions on completed work orders and action these appropriately to improve future planning.
- Produce key performance indicators (KPI’s) for each period, review performance and take action to improve.
Plan and Schedule Shutdown work as Required
- Review work orders and maintenance plans or MST’s for inclusion in shutdowns and change work groups, as required.
- Export shutdown work orders to Microsoft Project, as required.
- Determine shutdown critical path activities, update shutdown schedule as required.
- Update CMMS based on changes made to the shutdown schedule.
- Finalise and commit shutdown scope, budget and schedule.
Schedule Work Orders and Issue Work Packs
- Use Multi Resource Scheduling Tool (MRS) to schedule resources after work planning.
- Review outstanding work orders with priority P3 or P4 to identify jobs to be planned.
- Identify and document scheduling details including but not limited to job scope, task list, procedures, resources, skill sets, parts, materials, services, job duration, cranes and hoists, special tools, required plant, outage requirement, cost estimate, safety requirement & notifications, risk assessments, permits, isolations and quality checks.
- Obtain work approvals, as required.
- Create reservations and requisitions for parts, materials, services and special tools and equipment.
- Set work order status to fully planned.
- Create Maintenance Plans or Maintenance Standard Tasks (MST’s) with Task Lists or Standard Jobs, update and create Task Lists or Standard Jobs for all repetitive corrective work.
- Create Bill of Materials (BOMs) or Applications Parts List (APL’s) and Work Packs.
- Organise and facilitate backlog review meetings with key stakeholders, as required.
- Assist Maintenance Supervisors to plan and resource P1 & P2 work orders, as required.
- Identify assets available for work in the next schedule period.
- Run forecasts for the next schedule period.
- Run and distribute the following reports for each scheduling period to relevant stakeholders: Outstanding Work Report, Weekly Scheduling Report, Work Order Parts and Material Availability Report.
- Prepare and review draft schedules with relevant stakeholders, update and finalise.
- Distribute committed schedule to stakeholders and prepare weekly schedule folders for each work group.
Your Training, Skills & Experience Checklist:
Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
- Degree/ Higher National Diploma in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
- Strong knowledge of planning and scheduling.
- Strong knowledge of the work management process.
- Knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
- Sound knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (Ellipse/SAP).
- General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
- General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
- Minimum 4 years’ related work experience in mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance (preferably in a gold processing plant).
- Strong planning, organising and prioritising skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Sound communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Sound computer literacy skills – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and MS Project.
- Sound information monitoring and management skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritise jobs in order of importance.
- Ability to provide management and support staff with clear, detailed, verbal instructions or guidance to perform their assigned roles.
- Detail focused.
- Goal oriented.
- Quality oriented.
- Safety conscious.
- Team player.
- Technically inclined.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal.
Closing Date : 10th December. 2021
HOW TO APPLY