This is to notify you that the ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Award recognizes and honors outstanding achievement in the fields of gender equity and the empowerment of women, girls and other marginalized communities.
Dr. Kantor was a leading expert on gender issues and international development, with nearly 20 years of experience in executing policy research and programmatic work related to integrating gender into agriculture and rural development. Dr. Kantor’s work was largely driven by her desire and passion to improve lives in the Global South, especially those of women and girls.
In the spirit of Dr. Paula Kantor’s legacy of supporting applied research to advance the economic and social well-being of women, this award will be presented to a young professional female researcher who is contributing to the global evidence base supporting policies and programs that build gender equity. The researcher must be conducting field research that is relevant to ICRW’s mission and taking place in low income or otherwise marginalized communities worldwide.
- The award includes a cash prize of $2,500.
- Open to women researchers under the age of 40 who are citizens of countries located in the Global South;
- The research or body of work may be conducted in any country, including the United States, but must take place in low-income or otherwise marginalized communities, with a primary focus on gender equity and women’s and girls’ empowerment;
- The social science research should contribute to filling gaps in evidence, which are important to understanding the best solutions for improving the lives of women, girls and other marginalized populations. The research methodology may utilize quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods;
- Outcomes of the research should have been shared with the research community, and/or with relevant stakeholders with respect to the nominees’ work.
- Findings should have been disseminated through relevant reports, peerreviewed journal articles, book chapters, multi-media campaigns or similar communications channels. Co-authored publications or joint dissemination activities are also permissible.
- Research that is being undertaken as part of an advanced degree requirement is not eligible.
The selection committee will evaluate submissions based on the following:
- The nominee’s use of a robust research methodology following ethical protocols for conducting research;
- The nominee’s use of innovative practices within the program’s activities and their implementation, and measures to ensure sustainability;
- A strong gender-focused conceptualization of research/body of work, with appropriate and relevant data gathering techniques, analysis, and interpretations. This exercise may or may not be linked to a specific programs or evaluation.
Nomination for ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research
What follows is how to apply for the ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research 2022 Nomination:
Nominators should complete the nomination form and questionnaire and submit the additionally required documentation electronically in PDF format to [email protected] by the March 24, deadline.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on March 24, 2022 –
Ends in: 22 days
Visit the Official Webpage of the ICRW Paula Kantor Award for Excellence in Field Research 2022