The Ghana Scholarships Secretariat is processing scholarships for Civil Servants who want to upgrade their academic credentials at the tertiary level in the country to enhance their capacity and improve productivity.
Under the arrangement, qualified staff of the civil service would be sponsored to pursue Diplomas, Bachelors, Masters and PhD programmes in accredited Tertiary Institutions, both Public and Private.
Aside from these, others would be sponsored to undertake short courses in the form of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) usually required as members of professional bodies.
The Registrar of the Scholarships Secretariat, Mr. Kingsley Agyemang, and the Head of the Civil Service, Nana Kwasi Agyekum Dwamena, have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the commencement of the process.
About Civil Servants Scholarship Application Portal
The Civil Servants Scholarship will give scholarships to about 100 civil servants annually. Beneficiaries will be subsequently bonded to serve for a minimum of two years after the sponsorship before they can exit
The Civil Servants Scholarship is a strategic directive of the Vice-President as part of Government efforts to offer Civil Servants the opportunity to add to their knowledge and also benefit from Government scholarship.
Once Civil Servants are upgraded academically, it would boost their confidence and help in productivity as well.
This would offer those without certificates the opportunity to acquire Diplomas, those with Diplomas to upgrade to Degrees, while those having Degrees could add to their degrees “because if they acquire knowledge it comes with confidence and trust in what they do”.
Civil Servants Scholarship Application Form
- The service provided by the Secretariat is FREE as such no Individual, Group or Third Party entity has been engaged by the Secretariat to assist any applicant.
How To Apply For Civil Servants Scholarship
- Application forms are to be downloaded or accessed from the Secretariat’s website at www.scholarships.gov.gh
- Then Create an account to register on the portal
- Then Complete the application form and upload academic transcripts, admission letters and academic certificate.
- Then Complete an online aptitude test and be scheduled for a selection interview in your selected disctrict.
- Afterwards a registration code is sent to the various institutions at the beginning of the academic year.
- Duly completed application forms must be endorsed by the designated institutional authority and submitted through the Dean of Graduate School to the Scholarships Secretariat.
- This facility does not apply to sandwich, part-time, private/fee paying students in public tertiary institutions.
- The documents are vetted by the Secretariat to ensure conformity to eligibility criteria.
- For Disability allowance, completed application forms must be accompanied with medical certificate stating the percentage of disability.
Civil Servants Scholarship Secretariat
- LOCATION: North Ridge, GES Council Building, located behind the Accra High School
- HOTLINE: +233302 9629 28, +233302 9629 29, +233302 9629 30, +233302 9629 31
- EMAIL: [email protected]
- GPS: GA 028-2065