The Catholic University College of Ghana (CUG) administration has announced the Admission Requirements for the institution.
CUG stands for Catholic University College of Ghana. To be considered for admission to Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Masters programs, students must satisfy the following requirement:
CUG Admission Requirements
Applicants must obtain at least a D (4) in six subjects. (C6) in six WASSCE subjects (3 core and 3 elective subjects respectively). Applicants must obtain at least a D (4) in six subjects. A minimum aggregate score of 24.
Students seeking admission to the Bachelor’s Degree Programme of the Catholic University College of Ghana must have any of the following:
- SSSCE: Interested and qualified applicants should have an aggregate of 24 or better with credit passes in six subjects: (3) Core subjects including Mathematics, English and either Integrated Science or Social Studies; and any other (3) electives
- WASSCE: Interested and qualified applicants should have an aggregate of 36 or better with credit passes in six subjects: (3) Core subjects including Mathematics, English and either Integrated Science or Social Studies; and any other (3) electives;
- GBCE/ABCE: Holders with passes in English and Mathematic, and any other (3) electives can apply.
- GCE ‘O’ & ‘A’ Levels: Applicants must have passes in (2) subjects and a General Paper plus (5) passes at ‘O’ Level including English, Mathematics, Arts or Science subject.
- Other Qualifications: Professional Certificate and Diploma holders of HND, ICA, CIM, CIMA (I&II), SRN, RGN, RM, TEACHER’S CERT. ‘A’/DIPLOMA, CHN, EN, DBS, etc. can apply and may be considered for higher placement. (Please, enclose transcript(s) and result slip(s) of SSSCE/WASSCE/GCE, etc).
- Mature Applicants: Interested applicants, who do not satisfy the above criteria but are 27years and above or with work experience, can apply. The applicants will be considered to write Entrance Examination and attend Interview. You will be admitted upon passing the Examination and Interview sessions.
- Applicants with similar qualifications or equivalence (as specified above) can apply for admission consideration.
- International applicants should have a valid passport.
- Should be ready to acquire a resident permit and abide by the regulations governing the status of foreigners in Ghana.