Central University, a Chartered Christian University invites applications from qualified persons for appointment as Dean – Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS).
• Under the Vice Chancellor, the Dean is responsible for the maintaining and promoting efficiency and good order and providing strategic direction in running the faculty in accordance with the policies and procedures prescribed by the University statutes or as may be determined by the Council, Academic board and other relevant statutory organs
• The Dean is responsible for the general development of th faculty regarding human and material resources and coordinating of teaching and examinations. The Dean is the chair of the faculty Board and provides academic, scholarship research leadership. The Dean is also a member of a range of committees and boards as specified by the statutes.
• The Candidate is required to teach in his/her subject area of competence
The Faculty of Art and social Sciences has programmes in the following areas
• Communication Studies
• Environment and Development Studies
• Social Sciences (Psychology, Sociology, Social Work)
Qualification Required & Experience
• The candidate must hold a PhD and be of Professorial rank in a recognized institution with considerable experience of not less than 10 years in teaching, research, advocacy and general administration.
• He/She must have expertise in any of the social sciences with a credible scholarly profile
• Appointment is for 3 years in the first instance but may be renewed for a further 3 year term
• Salary and benefits, attached to the position are competitive
How To Apply For The Job
Interested persons with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit:
• Employment form (can be obtained either by downloading from www.central.edu.gh or from the Human Resources Directorate, Miotso Campus
• Application Letter
• Photocopies of academic and professional certificate
• Curriculum vitae with names and addresses of three (3) referees
• A 2-page statement indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues to ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission
THE DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCES
P. O. BOX 2305
For further enquiries, please call 0303-318580/ 0302-935687/ 0289-35687/0289-546164/5
Closing Date: 15 November, 2021