This is to inform you that applications for the GLF/YIL Young African Landscape Leadership Program 2022 are now open. You’ll find all of the required information on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, and grant amount below.
For the 2022 GLF/YIL Young African Landscape Leadership Program, applications are being accepted from adequately qualified individuals. Interested applicants should adhere to the information and processes outlined on this page in order to be considered for this position.
The Global Landscapes Forum (GLF), in collaboration with the Youth in Landscapes Initiative (YIL), is establishing the world’s first “Young African Landscape Leadership” program, an eight-month program comprised of networking events, regional debates, and workshops.
• Meet other incredible young African leaders at networking events in May, October, and December.
• Participate in regional dialogues, which are two-hour sessions scheduled for July and August and organized by regional youth to address critical issues facing regional youth in the run-up to the United Nations COP27 climate summit in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, in November 2022.
• Participate in a workshop on landscape leadership. The date, agenda, and structure of the meeting will be announced later this year.
• Receive periodic emails alerting you to regional employment openings.
• Receive frequent updates and reminders about GLF work in Africa (e.g. interviews with experts, Landscape News articles, Landscape TV episodes).
• Receive a complimentary ticket to all digital GLF events throughout the year and actively participate in GLF Africa 2022.
• Become a member of the WhatsApp community.
• After attending 80% of engagements, you will receive a participation certificate and a ticket for the Landscape Leadership massive open online course (MOOC).
The program is open to any African student or young professional between the ages of 18 and 35 (including African residents, those born in Africa, and members of the African diaspora).
• Is a passionate advocate for Africa’s landscapes and seascapes;
• And is presently enrolled in or just graduated from a university with a degree in environmental sciences, landscape conservation and restoration, sustainable development, or a similar discipline, or has a strong commitment to sustainability;
• And is willing and able to attend scheduled events on a consistent basis.
Application for the GLF/YIL Program for Young African Landscape Leaders
The following is the application process for the GLF/YIL Young African Landscape Leadership Program 2022:
You can begin preparing for the application process by completing the following:
• A one-minute video answering the following question: “How do young Africans, in your opinion, contribute to fair and sustainable landscapes?”
The deadline – The final day to apply
Application for the GLF/YIL Young African Landscape Leadership Program The deadline for this chance is March 31, 2022 –
16 days remaining