Does it make sense for you to bank with FirstBank everywhere, anytime, and at any place? Here is a quick guide with information on how to sign up for mobile banking with FirstBank.
Make sure to read all the way to the end of this guide to make sure you understand all of the information given to help you sign up for FirstBank mobile banking.
Nigeria’s banks are easier, more convenient, and more flexible now that they use technology.
In recent years, you don’t have to go to the bank to check your bank account or make transactions. You can do this from your home, office, or any other place you like.
There may be times when you need to go to the FirstBank Nigeria branch near you to get help or make a transaction.
Today, the most basic things we do in our daily lives can be done on our phones, which we can use anywhere we want.
In the chapters of this guide, you’ll learn important things about FirstBank mobile banking, so let’s get started.
HOW DOES FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING WORK?
FirstBank mobile banking is a way to use your phone to do your banking online from anywhere. All Firstbank Nigeria customers can use it, and once they sign up, they can send money, buy airtime, pay bills, check their account balance, check their statements, and more.
FIRSTBANK Mobile Banking in Nigeria Comes in Many Forms
FirstBank Nigeria customers can use a number of different kinds of mobile banking, such as:
1. FirstBank mobile app banking (FirstMobile)
2. FirstBank USSD banking
3. FirstBank lets you do banking on WhatsApp
With FirstBank’s mobile banking, you can use your bank account from home or any other place you choose.
FirstBank offers many banking services to its customers. This is one reason why many customers are becoming interested in banking from their phones in the comfort of their own homes.
FirstBank’s mobile banking services are good enough to get over 3.7 million customers to use the FirstBank mobile app, which is part of the bank’s mobile banking services.
FEATURES OF FIRSTBANK NIGERIA MOBILE BANKING
Some of the things you can do with FirstBank Nigeria mobile banking are:
1. Moving money for yourself and other people
2. A dashboard for your account that shows your incoming and outgoing transactions
3. Bill payment
4. Getting airtime and data
5. Book a ticket
6. Ask about your account balance
7. Ask for a new debit card if you’re a new customer or if you’ve lost or damaged your old one.
8. Check and cancel the checks
All of the things on the list above are part of the mobile banking services offered by FirstBank Nigeria.
HOW DOES FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING WORK
With FirstBank mobile banking services, customers of First Bank Nigeria can do things that they used to have to do in person at the bank from anywhere that is convenient for them.
Some FirstBank Nigeria mobile banking services, such as mobile app banking and WhatsApp chat banking, can only be used with the internet.
Some of the mobile banking services that First Bank Nigeria offers don’t need to be connected to the internet to work. All you need is a GSM network and you can do transactions anywhere you want. USSD banking is one type of mobile banking service like this.
WHO CAN SIGN UP FOR FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING?
Anyone who wants to use FirstBank’s mobile banking services must have an active account with the bank.
So, if you want to use First Bank Nigeria’s mobile banking services and are a new customer, you’ll need to open an account with the bank.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR FIRSTBANK SMART BANKING?
You can sign up for Firsbank Mobile Banking in a number of ways, including:
1. The Firstbank Nigeria USSD Transfer code
2. The Firstbank app for phones
4. By means of WhatsApp
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING
Depending on which mobile banking product you choose, the things you need to do to sign up for FirstBank mobile banking may be different.
Here are the things you need to be able to do to sign up for FirstBank mobile banking:
FirstBank USSD Banking: mobile phone, active phone number, and First Bank Nigeria USSD code (the number connected to your First Bank Nigeria account)
FirstBank Mobile App Banking: a smartphone with access to the internet, the FirstBank mobile app, and the details of your ATM card
FirstBank WhatsApp Chat Banking requires a smartphone, WhatsApp (which is linked to your bank account through your phone number), and the FirstBank Whatsapp chat number.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR PHONE FOR FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING IN NIGERIA
How to sign up on your phone in Nigeria for Firstbank Mobile Banking:
To sign up for FirstBank mobile banking, follow the steps below:
1. On your phone, type *894*0#
2. Choose your favorite debit card from the list of cards linked to your account.
3. Type in the four-digit PIN for the chosen debit card
4. Make a 5-digit PIN, and your number is now set up for FirstBank USSD quick banking.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR MOBILE BANKING USING THE FIRSTBANK MOBILE APP
1. Put the FirstBank Mobile App on your phone
2. Open the app on your phone after you’ve downloaded it.
3. Click “Register as a new customer.”
4. Enter your FirstBank debit card details
5. Click the button that says “Next”
6. A one-time password (OTP) code will be sent to the phone you linked to your account.
7. Type in the OTP code that was sent to your phone.
8. Make a 5-digit code that will be your “mPIN” and will be used when you make transactions.
9. Pick and answer two (2) security questions. You can get back into your account by answering these questions.
10. Make a 4-digit personal identification number (PIN) to authenticate and confirm your transactions. This will finish the registration process.
HOW TO REGISTER FIRSTBANK MOBILE BANKING ON WHATSAPP
1. Make sure you download the WhatsApp app and sign up for it with the phone number that is linked to your FirstBank Nigeria account.
2. Add 0812444400, which is the FirstBank WhatsApp number, to your phone’s contacts.
3. Open WhatsApp and say “Hi” to FirstBank to start banking with FirstBank on WhatsApp.
This is all we can tell you about how to sign up for FirstBank mobile banking.