The West African Examinations Council advises the general public that via Mobile Money Platforms, users may now purchase Results Checker PINs and check BECE results by SMS.
The procedure is SIMPLE and EASY. All that is required is to dial *944# and follow the directions we will provide you on how to check BECE results on phone. Subscribers will thereafter get their BECE results checker PIN/Text message on their phones.
The verification of results by SMS is anticipated to be expanded to other tests administered by the Council in the future.
As of the time of writing, each Results Checker PIN costs GH10, while each SMS text containing results costs GH6.
Follow the detailed instructions below to purchase a BECE results placement checker using MTN mobile money.
How to Purchase a WAEC Result Checker using MTN Mobile Money
- Enter the mobile money short code (*170#).
- Select Pay Bill, then General Payment.
- Respond to the prompts as directed.
- monicliq is the payment code.
- GH 9 (enter multiples if you want to buy more than one)
WAEC is a reference (see notes)
In order to authorize the transaction, you will also be asked to enter your MTN mobile money pin.
Once payment is completed, the Result check voucher will be provided by SMS.
The SMS will be delivered to the phone number used to begin the transaction.
To send the SMS to a different number, use the reference “WAEC ##########.” Where ########## is the number to which the SMS should be sent. Please keep in mind that there is a gap between the supa and the phone number.
The result checker is applicable to all waec examinations (BECE, SSCE, WASSCE, ABCE, GBCE).
Pricing for WAEC Result Checker
The pricing of WAEC Result Checker varies based on the amount and if you are a registered agent.
Typical mobile money number (All networks)
1–9 pieces: GH 9 each
GH 8 each for 10-20 pcs.
20+ pieces: GH 7.5 apiece
Registered Agents or Merchant Numbers
1 – 19 pieces: GH 8 each
20+ pieces: GH 7.5 apiece
How To Check BECE Results Online on Phone 2022
Since the majority of the steps in checking the BECE results online are obsolete and incoherent for candidates and parents checking it for the first, we have put together below this detailed guide to assist you in the process.
- Log onto the WAEC results checking portal with an internet-connected device, we recommend using a computer and not a smartphone
- On the next page ‘Enter your Index Number’.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. BECE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2003.
- Enter the Serial Number found on the Voucher.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Voucher eg. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several minutes.