Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are a total rewards specialist ready to build something new and increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country Head, Total Rewards & Mobility, the Regional Lead Total Rewards & Mobility is responsible for executing the HR strategy for reward and mobility as well as supervising the implementation of employee benefits schemes within their region.
The successful candidate will be based in any of our listed offices in Africa (Ghana or Nigeria).
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
- Provide Country & Regional Compensation &Benefits advice to business;
- Interface with HRBPs on end-to-end Total Rewards matters at country/region levels;
- Administer local/regional benefits;
- Support the design of pay ranges and pay structure administration guidelines.
- Develop compensation packages based on position evaluation and market pricing.
- Manage salary review process at country/regional levels;
- Manage compliance with country regulations.
- Handle ad hoc requests.
- Support local/regional vendor selection.
- Review proposals from the business and align to policies and guidelines.
- Coordinate mobility and transfers at local levels in line with established policies, procedures and practices.
- Responsible for managing Off Cycle Compensation Changes, promotions and One-time Payments.
- Other duties as required by business needs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledge of local market regulations affecting rewards & benefits.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and best practices in rewards, benefits and performance management.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 Years’ experience in total rewards management.
- Multinational national experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required.
- Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management will be an added advantage.
- Strong numerical and advanced analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to influence others, including senior colleagues.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and business savvy.
- Global Remuneration Practitioner (GRP) is desirable.
- You have a commitment to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
Closing Date : 19th November. 2021