This page summarizes the list of private institutions in Ghana from which Ghanaians interested in attending a private university can pick.
Private universities in Ghana are those that are owned by individuals or institutions rather than the Ghanaian government.
Ghana’s education system has seen an uptick since the establishment of additional universities controlled by institutions and organizations. One significant benefit has been a reduction in the amount of strain placed on public colleges.
At the time of writing, Ghana had around 15 public universities, 46 training colleges (previously known as teacher training colleges), about 10 technical institutions, and about 79 nursing training colleges.
Aside from these figures, there are also vocational and technical universities, as well as specialized institutes.
There is always strain on institutions in the absence of the number of institutions that we have in the country. The country’s leading institutions, the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the University of Ghana, and the University of Cape Coast, can admit a little more than 30,000 students per year out of hundreds of thousands of applications.
The implementation of the Government’s flagship initiative, the free Senior High School program, implies that more people will be able to attend senior high school, and the more senior high school graduates we have, the more likely we will have a competitive entrance year in various schools.
Even if there are still issues, the introduction of additional private colleges in Ghana has rescued the situation. Private universities in Ghana are linked with state universities, and some are also affiliated with overseas institutions.
That is, when you graduate from any of these private universities, you will be rewarded by the University to which you are linked.
To be deemed autonomous, you must satisfy a number of standards. Autonomous universities have the legal authority to issue certificates in their school’s name. Central University is a good example.
Despite the fact that it is still a private institution, it has been granted authority to offer credentials after completing the standards.
Private Universities In Ghana
Below are the full list of private universities in Ghana you can choose from;
- Ashesi University-Berekuso
- Regent University College of Science and Technology
- Valley View University
- Central University,
- Garden City University College, Kumasi
- Presbyterian University College, Abetifi
- All Nations University, Koforidua
- Christian Service University College
- Pentecost University College, Accra
- Ghana Technology University College, Accra North
- BlueCrest College, Accra
- Regional Maritime Universitys, Accra
- Wisconsin International University College, Accra
- Accra Institute of Technology, Accra
- African University College of Communications, Accra
- Methodist University College, Accra
- Lancaster University, Ghana, Accra
- Catholic University College of Ghana, Sunyani
- Zenith University College, Accra
- Webster University Ghana, Accra
- Islamic University College Ghana, Accra
- Ghana Baptist University College, Abuakwa-Kumasi
- University College of Management Studies, Accra
- Ghana Christian University College, Accra
- Radford University College, Accra
More List of Private Universities In Ghana
- Academic City University College, Accra
- Christ Apostolic University College, Kumasi
- Anglican University College of Technology, Teshie
- Knutsford University College, Accra
- Dominion University College, Accra
- West End University College, Accra
- Evangelical Presbyterian University College, Ho
- MountCrest University College, Accra
- Kings University College, Accra
- Data Link Institute, Tema
- Marshalls University College, Accra
- KAAF University College, Kasoa
- Catholic Institute of Business and Technology, Accra North
- Kessben College, Kuntenase
- University College of Agriculture and Environmental Studies, Bunso
- Spiritan University College, Ejisu
- Jayee University College, Accra
- Advanced Business College, Accra
- Perez University College, Winneba
- Maranatha University College
The Ghana Accreditation Board accredits private universities in Ghana.
The National Accreditation Board (NAB) of Ghana is the government organization in charge of regulating, supervising, and accrediting tertiary institutions in Ghana. It is a department of the Ministry of Education.
The following is a complete list of authorized private universities in Ghana. We produce educational articles like this because of people like you. You may help us by sharing this post with your friends.
The majority of the courses available at these private institutions are degree, diploma, and certificate programs.
Do you have something to say? Please express your thoughts in the comments area.