The management of the Madina Institute of Science and Technology (MIST) has released the Admission Requirements for the Student of the institution.
The Madina Institute of Science and Technology , MIST Students applying to Undergraduates, Postgraduate, Diploma, Masters programs, etc must meet the following criteria in order to be considered for admission.
MIST Admission Requirements
he admission requirements to the Madina Institute of Science and Technology are as follows:
- Holders of the General Certificate of Education / School Certificate of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) with credit passes in, at least, 5 subjects at the Ordinary Level. Candidates must also have three passes at the Advance Level and, at least, one of them should be at grade D. A pass in General Paper at the Advance Level shall be required.
- Holders of Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSSCE) of WAEC with passes in the following core subjects English, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies and three elective subjects with an aggregate of 24 or better.
- Holders of the Senior High School Certificates (WASSCE) of WAEC with passes (at least C6) in the following core subjects English, Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies and three elective subjects with an aggregate of 36 or better.
- Mature applicants with a minimum age of 25 years who do not necessarily satisfy the above requirements for admission but have reasonable educational backgrounds, or professional experience or have demonstrated ability for academic work shall be considered for admission. Such applicants shall have passed the Institute’s Entrance Examination. They may also be requested to submit a long essay and pass an interview.
- Foreign students with qualifications equivalent to those in (1), (2) and (3) above would be considered for admission. They must, however, show evidence of proficiency in English Language.
- A student may be permitted to the MIST on transfer from other University/institutions under the following conditions:
- Transfer cannot be effected beyond entry into Level 200.
- Transfer course credits must agree with those already covered at the MIST in the previous semester (s)
All Students Must:
- Accept to abide by the rules and regulations of the Institute
- Pay appropriate fees as required. A student who does not hold an award granted by the Government of Ghana or a reputable institution shall be required to settle all approved fees during or before registration. A student with unpaid fees at the beginning of the academic year shall normally NOT be allowed to register for courses or attend lectures.
Admission of students to the MIST shall be subject to passing a Medical Examination at a recognized hospital.