For the academic year, the following are the official CCTU Admission Requirements for Bachelor Programs, Diploma Programs, Post Graduate Programs, Distance Applicants, Undergraduate Applicants, Postgraduate Applicants, and Mature Applicants. These conditions must be completed in addition to any others specified by the program.
General Admission Requirements for CCTU
Applicants for the CCTU WASSCE/SSSCE:
1. The applicant must possess CREDIT in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science)
2. CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or their equivalents that are relevant to the selected Programme with an aggregate score of 24 or higher (WASSCE: A1-C6/SSSCE A-D).
Applicants for the CCTU General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
1. Applicants must pass THREE Mandatory Subjects, including English Language, and THREE Elective Subjects, including Business Mathematics.
CCTU GCE/IGCSE ‘A’ & ‘O’LEVELS (CAMBRIDGE)/Mature Applicants:
1. Applicants must have FIVE credits at GCE/IGCSE O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics (or an approved equivalent), in addition to passes in at least THREE (3) Advanced Level/Three Credits subjects in the case of mature applicants. Additionally, the applicant must meet all Faculty and Departmental standards.
Exam for the CCTU Advanced Business Certificate (ABCE):
1. Applicants must pass THREE (3) Compulsory Subjects in addition to THREE (3) Optional Subjects appropriate to the Programme of study.
Holders of the CCTU International Baccalaureate
1. International Baccalaureate (IB) holders must have a minimum of a grade 4 at the Higher Level (HL) in three (3) subjects relevant to their chosen program and a minimum of a grade 5 in Chemistry for Health and Allied Sciences.
2. At the very least, a grade 5 at the Higher level (HL) in Mathematics is required for Engineering.
3. Additionally, applicants must have a minimum grade 4 in English Language and Mathematics at the Standard Level (SL) and an IGCSE grade C in a science topic. Applicants from French-speaking countries must submit a certificate demonstrating a minimum of one year of English proficiency.