Admission Requirements for CSUC
Applicants to CSUC’s WASSCE/SSSCE programs:
1. The applicant must possess CREDIT in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science)
2. CREDITS IN THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects OR ITS EQUIVALENT WITH AN AGGREGATE OF 24 OR BETTER (WASSCE: A1-C6/SSSCE A-D).
Applicants for the CSUC General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE)
1. Applicants must pass THREE Mandatory Subjects, including English Language, and THREE Elective Subjects, including Business Mathematics.
GCE/IGCSE (CAMBRIDGE) ‘A’ & ‘O’ LEVELS/Mature Applicants at CSUC:
1. Applicants must have FIVE credits at GCE/IGCSE O’ Level, including English Language and Mathematics (or an approved equivalent), in addition to passes in at least THREE (3) Advanced Level/Three Credits subjects in the case of mature applicants. Additionally, the applicant must meet all Faculty and Departmental standards.
Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE) at California State University, Chico (CSUC):
1. Applicants must pass THREE (3) Compulsory Subjects in addition to THREE (3) Optional Subjects appropriate to the Programme of study.
Holders of the International Baccalaureate from CSUC
1. International Baccalaureate (IB) holders must have a minimum of a grade 4 at the Higher Level (HL) in three (3) subjects relevant to their chosen program and a minimum of a grade 5 in Chemistry for Health and Allied Sciences.
2. At the very least, a grade 5 at the Higher level (HL) in Mathematics is required for Engineering.
3. Additionally, applicants must have a minimum grade 4 in English Language and Mathematics at the Standard Level (SL) and an IGCSE grade C in a science topic. Applicants from French-speaking countries must submit a certificate demonstrating a minimum of one year of English proficiency.