For the academic year, below are the official ECE Admission Requirements for Bachelor’s Programs, Diploma Programs, Post Graduate Programs, Distance Applicants, Undergraduate Applicants, Postgraduate Applicants, and Mature Applicants. These conditions must be completed in addition to any others specified by the program.
ECE Undergraduate, Distance, Sandwich, Mature Admission Requirements
ECE General Admission Requirements
ECE WASSCE/SSSCE Applicants:
- Applicant must have CREDITS in the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science)
- CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its equivalent relevant to the chosen Programme with aggregate 24 or better (WASSCE: A1-C6/SSSCE A-D).
ECE General Business Certificate Examination (GBCE) Applicants
- Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects including English Language and passes in THREE Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
ECE GCE/IGCSE (CAMBRIDGE) ‘A’ & ‘O’LEVELS/Mature Applicants:
- Applicants must have FIVE credits at the GCE/IGCSE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics (or its approved equivalent), plus passes in at least THREE (3) subjects at the Advanced Level/Three Credits in the case of mature applicants. In addition, the applicant must fulfill the appropriate Faculty or Departmental requirements.
ECE Advanced Business Certificate Examination (ABCE):
- Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects plus THREE (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme of study.
ECE International Baccalaureate Holders
- International Baccalaureate holders should have a minimum of grade 4 at the Higher Level (HL) in Three (3) Subjects relevant to the Programme of choice and minimum of grade 5 in Chemistry for Health and Allied Sciences.
- For Engineering at least, grade 5 at the Higher level (HL) in Mathematics.
- In addition, one must have a minimum of grade 4 in English Language and Mathematics at the Standard Level (SL) and at least grade C in a Science subject at the IGCSE. Applicants from French speaking Countries must provide a minimum of one year English Proficiency Certificate.