The New Mobile Money Charges in Ghana are listed here, along with the associated E Levy Chart for Mobile Money transactions in Ghana.
• The New Mobile Money Charges in Ghana, as illustrated in the E Levy Chart below, reflect the E-levy-related charges associated with each Mobile Money transfer you make.
• The New Mobile Money Transaction Fees In Ghana, as indicated by the E Levy Chart below, the 0.75 percent fee levied by the telecommunications networks, notably MTN Momo, Vodaphone Cash, and Airtel Tigo Money, is in addition to the 1.5 percent E-levy and its equivalent total price for each mobile money transfer.
When Does The E Levy Become Effective?
• Ghana’s New Mobile Money Charges Will Take Effect in May 2022
When Does Ghana’s E Levy Commence?
• From 1st May 2022, Ghana’s new mobile money charges will take effect.
Ghana Introduces New MoMo Charges
The following table details the new mobile money charges in Ghana, as depicted in the E Levy Chart.
Ghana Introduces New Mobile Money Charges
MoMo Value of Telecommunications Charges (0.75 percent )
Charges for E-Levy (1.5 percent )
Charges in Total
New Mobile Money Charges In Ghana
|MoMo Value||Telco Charges (0.75%)||E-Levy Charges (1.5 %)||Total Charges|
|GHȻ 100||GH 0.75p||GHȻ 0.00||GH 0.75p|
|GHȻ 150||GHȻ 1.125||GHȻ 2.25||GHȻ 3.38|
|GHȻ 200||GHȻ 1.50||GHȻ 3.00||GHȻ 4.50|
|GHȻ 300||GHȻ 2.25||GHȻ 4.50||GHȻ 6.75|
|GHȻ 400||GHȻ 3.00||GHȻ 6.00||GHȻ 9.00|
|GHȻ 500||GHȻ 3.75||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 11.25|
|GHȻ 600||GHȻ 4.50||GHȻ 9.00||GHȻ 13.50|
|GHȻ 700||GHȻ 5.25||GHȻ 10.50||GHȻ 15.75|
|GHȻ 800||GHȻ 6.00||GHȻ 12.00||GHȻ 18.00|
|GHȻ 900||GHȻ 6.75||GHȻ 13.50||GHȻ 20.25|
|GHȻ 1000||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 15.00||GHȻ 22.75|
|GHȻ 2000||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 30.00||GHȻ 37.50|
|GHȻ 5000||GHȻ 7.50||GHȻ 75.00||GHȻ 82.50|
Ghana’s E Levy Chart For Mobile Money Charges
• When the amount transferred exceeds GH100, as indicated in the e levy table above, a 1.5 percent tax is taken from your Mobile money account.
• The E Levy Charges depicted in the Chart above do not apply to mobile money transactions of less than GH100 done by a single individual in a single day.
Charges For E-Levy On Mobile Money
1. A charge of 1.5 percent will be deducted on Money Transfers made from your Mobile Money account to another account.
2. A charge of 1.5 percent will be levied on mobile money transfers between your bank account and other mobile money accounts.
3. A 1.5 percent tax will be levied from all mobile money transfers between your bank accounts and other mobile money accounts.
How To Avoid Having To Pay The E Levy
1. Give GHS100 every day to your recipient’s Momo account until the entire money you wish to send is gone.
2. You may send up to GHS 3,000 per month for free; for example, if you want to send someone GHS 3000 per month, simply transfer GHS 100 every day until she receives GHS 3000, at which point she can cash out.
3. For large payments, use cash transactions rather than Mobile Money transfers.
4. Pay using a bank cheque rather than a mobile money transfer for large sums.