Schedule of NTC Professional Examinations
The National Teaching Council has issued the schedule for the NTC Professional Examinations for Prospective Teachers in 2022/2023.
TEACHERS’ LICENSURE EXAMINATION BY THE NATIONAL TEACHING COUNCIL
The Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 mandates the National Teaching Council with the responsibility of enhancing teachers’ professional standing and position, as well as licensing and registering teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers to obtain a professional license, as well as to attract outstanding young graduates from universities and colleges of education who possess the necessary professional knowledge, skills, and attitudes for effective classroom instruction.
Eligibility for the Examination
1. All applicants who possess a Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), a Bachelor of Education (B.Ed), or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), or a Master of Education (M.Ed) who are interested in teaching.
2. All applicants who graduated in 2021 or before 2022 are eligible to write the test in a Regional Center of their choice.
Candidates who have attempted but were unsuccessful in the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination, as well as new candidates, may register.
1. Registration fees:
2. To register for the examination, new applicants must pay GH 280.00.
• Candidates who wish to retake the examination must pay GH150.00 for one (1) retake paper.
• Candidates who are retaking two (2) examinations must pay GH250.00.
• Candidates who are retaking all three (3) examinations must pay GH 250.00.
All applicants must acquire a voucher for online registration at any GCB Bank Ltd or Prudential Bank Ltd branch countrywide.
*** Candidates must register with the Bank as new students and retake one, two, or three exams.
Candidates should verify their confirmation status on https://exams.ntc.gov.gh/ before traveling to the bank to purchase the voucher. Candidates who have not been confirmed should contact their awarding institutions to have their information forwarded to NTC for confirmation.
• Obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) and a Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
• Visit the website www.exams.ntc.gov.gh.
• Select the link to the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE).
• Enter the serial number and pin for your e-voucher.
• Complete all areas and don’t forget to submit your passport-size photos.
• Verify and submit the information supplied.
• Print a summary of the data entered.
NOTICE: NTC will not accept requests to modify a candidate’s image or personal information following the examination.
• Verify and submit the information supplied.
• Print a summary of the data entered
After registering for the licensing examination, candidates should preserve their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS for future use.
Completed application forms must be submitted online by Friday, April 15, 2022.
NB: There will be no extension of the registration deadline beyond Friday, April 15, 2022.
The Examination is set on Thursday, May 19th, and Friday, May 20th, 2022.
NTC GTLE Schedule for May 2022
|LITERACY||19th May, 2022||9:00 AM – 11:00 AM|
|ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL SKILLS||19th May, 2022||1:00 PM – 03:00 PM|
|NUMERACY||20th May, 2022||9:00 AM – 11:00 AM|
Centres for the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE)
|REGIONS||ORIGINAL CENTRE||NEW CENTRE|
|ANGLICAN SHS||KNUST (CASLEY HAYFORD BUIDLING)|
|ASANTEMAN SHS||KNUST (COLLEGE OF SCIENCE)|
|KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY||KNUST (COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING0|
|ST. LOUIS COLLEGE||ST. LOUIS COLLEGE|
|PREMPEH COLLEGE||UEW, KUMASI CAMPUS|
|OPOKU WARE SHS||UEW, KUMASI CAMPUS|
|EASTERN||SDA COLLEGE, ASOKORE||SDA COLLEGE, ASOKORE|
|GREATER ACCRA||UCC CENTRE PAPAFIO||PWCE, ABURI|
|UCC CENTRE PAPAFIO||PCE, AKROPONG|
|ACCRA COLLEGE||ACCRA COLLEGE|
|BRONG||UENR||SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|UENR||SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|VOLTA||WAEC HALL, HO||ST. FRANCIS COE, HOHOE|
|WAEC HALL, HO||ST, TERESA’S COE, HOHOE|
|CENTRAL||OLA COE, CAPE COAST||OLA COE, CAPE COAST|
|NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC||NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC|
|EXAM HALL, CAPE COAST||NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC|
|WESTERN NORTH||BIBIANI SHS||WIAWSO COE|
|WESTERN||HOLY CHILD COE||HOLY CHILD COE|
|FIJAI SHS||HOLY CHILD COE|
|UPPER EAST||ST. JOHN BOSCO’S NAVRONGO||ST. JOHN BOSCO’S NAVRONGO|
|UPPER WEST||NJA COE||NJA COE|
1. Candidates in the ST. Louis, UENR, and UCC Centre, Papafio locations will get text messages confirming their specific locations. Additionally, they may access the registration portal using their login credentials.
2. Numeracy will begin at precisely 9:00 a.m. and conclude at 10:45 a.m.
3. The Essential Professional Skills session will begin at 11:45 a.m. and conclude at 1:00 p.m.
4. Literacy classes will begin at 2:00 p.m. and conclude at 3:15 p.m.
5. Candidates are not authorized to write at locations other than their designated locations.
6. Candidates must wear a face mask before to, during, and following each examination.
7. Candidates must adhere to all COVID-19 standards, which include hand washing, the use of hand sanitizers, and the maintenance of social distance.
8. Candidates should report to their seats thirty minutes before to the start of each paper.