This is to notify you that the One World Media Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists & Filmmakers 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 One World Media Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists & Filmmakers. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The One World Media Fellowship is aimed at aspiring journalists and filmmakers who seek to make a career out of reporting on stories from the global south.
Working in film, print, audio or multimedia, Fellows’ projects bring together integrity and creativity to present underreported stories that break down stereotypes and build cross-cultural connections. They guide filmmakers and journalists on a single project, and provide a supportive network of mentors and peers through the production and completion of their project.
They seek to champion diverse emerging talent, and particularly encourage submissions from underrepresented groups (people of colour, ethnic groups, women, LGBTQ+, or people with disabilities) as well as from people from and based in the global south.
- £1,000 production grant
- Executive Producer for your project
- Career mentorship
- Workshops and webinars by industry experts
- Fair Reporting and Security Guidance
- Introductions to commissioners
- Network of like-minded Fellows and Alumni
- They are open to applications from all around the world.
- One World Media Fellows are aspiring filmmakers and journalists ready to take the next leap in their career reporting from the global south. Looking for their first director role or solo investigation, their Fellows experiment and learn in a supportive environment. In 2022, they will select 12 international Fellows.
- Projects in pre-production that tell engaging stories from low- and middle-income countries across the global south
- Non-fiction media across all platforms: film, print, audio, photojournalism, and multimedia
- Proposals where majority of the budget is in place or achievable in a short time-frame
- Projects that can be delivered within a year – for films this is under 30 mins
- Stories that are strong enough to be published or broadcast in established media outlets. They are looking for genuine journalism or documentary and will fund media that could ultimately appear in existing newspapers, magazines, radio, TV channels, professional news websites and online platforms, etc.
Beyond this, they are particularly interested in proposals that:
- Seek to tell original stories in a way that will engage the intended audience
- Highlight the voices of people living in the global south, particularly voices that are not often heard
- Have established contacts and contributors who have confirmed their willingness to take part
- Have considered ethical issues and safety
- Do not simply cover negative aspects of the global south without considering the context in which they exist
- Demonstrate an understanding of accountability and fair practice in news gathering and reporting
- Show a willingness to work with local people in equal partnership in co-production on a story
Application for One World Media Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists & Filmmakers
What follows is how to apply for the One World Media Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists & Filmmakers 2022 Application:
Applications are shortlisted in house then put to a jury panel of industry professionals who select the winning applications. The new Fellows are announced in May.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
One World Media Fellowship for Aspiring Journalists & Filmmakers Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on March 29, 2022 –
Ends in: 32 days