Public Services Commission, a Public service organization intends to recruit a qualified and dynamic person as a Director, Capacity Development.
To provide strategic and technical direction in Capacity Development for the achievement of the mandate of the Institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide input for the formulation of policies of the authority.
- Collaborate with directorates and other stakeholders in the implementation strategies and plans of the authority of policies.
- Coordinate the conduct of training needs assessment of Public Sector Procurement Practitioners, Entities and Service Providers.
- Coordinate the development and review of curricula and training modules.
- Oversee the delivery of training programmes and activities on procurement practices, procedure and processes within the public sector.
- Ensure the development and management of a comprehensive database of formal and informal training providers and institutions
- Advice management on Financial Administration Act, Internal Audit Agency Act, Procurement Act, and any other financial regulations approved by the government.
- Interpret and provide technical guidance on all financial management to top management for decision making
- Ensure the preparation of annual pro-financial statement of the programme.
- Ensure the judicious use of funds in accordance with official procedures and undertakes any other functions in relation to the financial administration of the programme.
- Liaise with the Directors of procurement of all the public services of Ghana to guide the progression of procurement professionals
- Ensure the preparation and submission of annual and other periodic reports of the Directorate.
- Ensure the preparation and submission of the budget of the Directorate.
- Ensure the implementation of the performance management system in the Directorate.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Procurement, Human Resource Management, Public Administration or any related field from an accredited tertiary institution.
- A membership of a related and recognized professional body will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of ten (10) years post-qualification relevant work experience, five (5) years of which must be in a Senior Management position in a reputable institution.
- Must pass a selection interview conducted by the Public Services Commission.
- Extensive leadership, networking and management skills.
- Extensive background and knowledge in training methodology.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in public procurement processes, practices and regulations.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Negotiating, lobbying and conflict management skills.
- Capacity to inspire and motivate.
- Team building.
- Governance and policy management
- Knowledge in financial regulations.
- Relevant IT applications
Application Procedures : How To Apply
- Send Applications, together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant certificates and the names and addresses of two referees to any of the following addresses:
- email: email@example.com
Public Services Commission
P. O. Box GP 1618
- no later than 5:00pm by Friday, 5th November, 2021.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.