This is to notify you that the Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Persephone Miel Fellowship is designed to support journalists from outside the U.S. and Western Europe who are pursuing ambitious reporting projects and enable them to bring their work to a broader global audience.
The Persephone Miel Fellowship is overseen by the Pulitzer Center and was launched in partnership with Internews, a media development nonprofit. The fellowship benefits journalists with limited access to other fellowships and those whose work is not routinely disseminated internationally.
The fellowship is named in honor of Persephone Miel, the former senior advisor of Internews, who dedicated her life to advancing the work of journalists across the globe. Miel fellowships involve reporting from within the applicant’s native country—or following migrant communities from there to other locations—but the stories are placed in international outlets.
- A grant of $5,000 will be provided for a reporting project on topics and regions of global importance, with an emphasis on issues that have gone unreported or underreported in the mainstream media.
- Open to all journalists, writers, photographers, radio producers or filmmakers, staff journalists, as well as freelancers and media professionals outside the U.S. and Western Europe who are seeking to report from their home country but would like to broaden the reach of their reporting by publishing it in international outlets.
- Applicants must be proficient in English.
- The fellowship recipient will be selected by the Pulitzer Center. Selection will be based on the strength of the proposed topic and the strength of the applicant’s work as demonstrated in his or her work samples.
- They are looking for projects that explore systemic issues in the applicant’s native country and that provide an overarching thesis, rather than individual spot reports from the field.
Application for Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship
What follows is how to apply for the Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship 2022 Application:
Applications should be submitted by April 24, 2022. Late applications will not be considered.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Pulitzer Center Persephone Miel Fellowship Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on April 24, 2022 –
Ends in: 13 days