Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 ShEquity Business Accelerator Program for African Women Entrepreneurs. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
Launched in March 2021, ShEquity Business Accelerator (SHEBA), was created to address the existing gender funding gap by de-risking African female-led businesses, getting them fit for investment and equipping the founders with skills set needed to grow and scale their businesses.
The Accelerator provides venture building and technical support to African female entrepreneurs with impactful and scalable businesses in agribusiness (agritech, production, processing, wholesale & retailing, any other agribusiness value chain aspects), healthcare, tech enabled solutions(fintech, clean-tech, etc.), renewable energies, mobility and fast-moving consumer goods (FMCGs).
- The typical ShEquity seed investment range between $50K to $250K.
- In addition, SHEBA demo days where other investors have opportunities to access impactful and scalable female-led businesses.
- Open to African female entrepreneurs with impactful and scalable businesses.
- For female founders who have male business partner or team members, you may apply if you hold an executive leadership position within the company. You must also be the largest shareholder of founder equity in the company or own a share at least equal to that of your cofounder(s). A SHEBA pre-requisite is that the female founder be the participating elect in the accelerator program.
- If your business was not selected in any prior edition, you may apply again this year if the reasons why you were not selected have been addressed.
Application for ShEquity Business Accelerator Program for African Women Entrepreneurs
What follows is how to apply for the ShEquity Business Accelerator Program for African Women Entrepreneurs 2022 Application:
The accepted formats for documents to be uploaded are .csv .doc .docx .pdf .jpg .png .xls .xlsx .zip .ppt .pptx. You are limited to 500MB per file and 1GB per submission. Note that separate attachments sent by email are not accepted.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
ShEquity Business Accelerator Program for African Women Entrepreneurs Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on May 6, 2022 –
Ends in: 24 days