Gold Fields Ghana is seeking to engage the services of an experienced person for the position of Superintendent – Control Systems and Instrumentation. Reporting to the Plant Engineer, the successful applicant will be partly responsible for the effective management of process control and instrumentation systems on the metallurgical plant and assigned employees in accordance with Goldfields Standards and Procedures. The incumbent will also be responsible for effective implementation of operational cost control, risk mitigating initiatives. He/she will also use his/her knowledge, skills and experience to identify, implement and manage continuous improvement projects and programs.
· Implement instrumentation and control standards and procedures on the plant
· Support plant operations team is areas of process control and automation related activities.
· Co-manage the entire control systems infrastructure including PLC’s, SCADA, HMI, and Network infrastructure
· Carry out Maintenance and project management functions on the control systems infrastructure
· Liaise with third party vendors in the delivery of control and instrumentation related projects and upgrades
· Implement sound principles of Health and Safety, in accordance with Goldfields Standards and Procedures
· Develop effective engineering standards and procedures and implement in accordance with ISA, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
· Implement operational cost control to ensure that expenditure is maintained within set targets
· Train and develop staff to enhance technical ability and competency
· Liaise with operational personnel to optimize equipment performance, reliability and utilization
· Relevant Tertiary Qualification in instrumentation and control systems engineering from a recognized institution
· Proven track record in heading up instrumentation and control systems division for a gold mine
· Professional membership with relevant institutions such as ISA, IEEE, etc.
· Minimum 12 years of Instrumentation and Process Control work experience on gold processing plants
· Experience in working as expatriate within the African Continent.
· Extensive knowledge in various PLC’s and DCS’s including AB, siemens, GE, ABB, Schneider, SCADA’s etc.
· Proven Knowledge in maintenance and troubleshooting on large capacity variable speed drives
· Excellent knowledge and experience in heading up a control system division on a gold processing plant.
· Hands of experience in the use of various third party systems and ability to integrate same into plant control system
· Sound process plant business acumen and the ability to influence the main cost drivers in the department
· Advanced level of technical communications, personal interaction and presentation skills
· Strong organizational skills to manage process plant equipment, maintenance and project work
· Computer literacy in Microsoft Office/ MS Project and a working knowledge of planned maintenance software packages (SAP PM)
· Technical problem solving and failure analysis capabilities with special emphasis on field Instrumentations, PLCS, and SCADA systems supported by accredited training course certification
Closing Date : 5th November. 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Gold Fields is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment.