This is to notify you that the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP) 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP). Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program which recruits and nominates young Cameroonian professionals for graduate level studies at U.S. universities. Each year approximately 3-5 Cameroonians are granted fully funded scholarships. Awards are contingent upon approval by the J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board, availability of funds, and successful academic placement.
- Successful candidates will receive a full scholarship which covers fees related to tuition, round-trip airfare to the United States, a monthly stipend, and health insurance to pursue a graduate degree program that begins in the academic year 2023-2024.
The competition is open to people who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Cameroonian citizen, or a permanent resident holding a valid Cameroonian passport.
- Have at least the equivalent of four (4) years of university study and the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree. Applicants that have three (3) years of tertiary study should have the equivalent of thirteen (13) years of primary and secondary school and their undergraduate degree should allow them to be eligible to pursue higher education in Cameroon. Please note that final equivalency decisions will be determined by each U.S. university and not all institutions will accept a three (3) year undergraduate degree.
- Have a level of English proficiency that is sufficient to engage in full-time graduate level study in the United States. However, there is an option to do long-term English (LTE) language study for candidates with moderate English language skills for a period of up to eight months. Participation in LTE will be determined based on English language ability and test scores.
- Special accommodations are available for students with disabilities. The Department of State has provided previous grantees with a screen reader and note taking software, laptops, cell phones, canes, and/or wheelchairs to assist them while on their grant in the United States.
This competition is based on academic and professional merits, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Preference is given to those without extensive or recent experience in the United States. A successful applicant is someone who can:
- Demonstrate a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning to Cameroon.
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed description of the study objectives and show a clear connection between their study objectives and future goals through a compelling set of essays.
- Have a depth and breadth of work experience in their intended field of study, and a full understanding of the field.
- Demonstrate leadership potential based on participation in academic, extra-curricular, community and professional development activities, and personal attributes.
- Show dedication to Cameroon and potential to make a positive impact upon return.
- Contribute to promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Cameroon through educational and cultural exchange activities.
- Be willing to be a cultural ambassador of Cameroon.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and strong English proficiency.
Application for U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP)
What follows is how to apply for the U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP) 2022 Application:
- Candidates MUST attach a copy of bachelor’s degree diploma, certificate, license or equivalent.
- The Fulbright Foreign Student Program has a zero-tolerance plagiarism policy. Application materials will be processed using software to help identify any instance of plagiarism. If plagiarism appears in any part of the application, it may result in the nominee’s disqualification from participation in the program. The Fulbright program will follow the Oxford English Dictionary’s definition of plagiarism: Plagiarism is the wrongful appropriation or purloining and publication as one’s own, of the ideas, or the expression of the ideas of another.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
U.S. Embassy in Cameroon Fulbright Foreign Student Program (FFSP) Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on May 16, 2022 –
Ends in: 55 days