This is to notify you that the World Trade Organisations (WTO) Essay Award for Young Economists 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 World Trade Organisations (WTO) Essay Award for Young Economists. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
The aim of the award is to promote high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation and to reinforce the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
The winning essay may be published in the WTO Working Paper Series. It is the responsibility of the author(s) to endeavor to secure publication of the contribution in a journal.
- The annual WTO Essay Award provides a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of a co-authored paper, the prize will be equally divided among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced at the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony will take place on 8-10 September 2022 at the University of Groningen in The Netherlands. The winning author will receive funding to attend the meeting.
- The paper must address issues related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- The author(s) of the paper must possess or be engaged in the completion of a PhD degree and, if over 30 years of age, be no more than two years past a PhD defense.
- In the case of co-authored papers, this requirement shall apply to all authors. In addition, to be considered for the award, essays cannot exceed 15,000 words.
Application for World Trade Organisations (WTO) Essay Award for Young Economists
What follows is how to apply for the World Trade Organisations (WTO) Essay Award for Young Economists 2022 Application:
All submissions should be sent to [email protected] Submissions should include as separate attachments in PDF format:
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s), specifying (i) current affiliation(s), (ii) the academic institution awarding the PhD, (iii) the year (or the expected year) of the PhD, (iv) the date of birth of the author(s).
Deadline – Last day to Apply
World Trade Organisations (WTO) Essay Award for Young Economists Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on June 6, 2022 –
Ends in: 98 days