This is to notify you that the Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship 2022 Applications are ongoing. You will find all the necessary details below on how to apply, eligibility, requirements, deadline, award value, and more.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the 2022 Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship. Interested applicants ought to follow the details and procedures on this page to secure this opportunity.
One of the most effective ways ZSL’s EDGE of Existence program is working to secure the future of EDGE species is by awarding two year Fellowships to future conservation leaders working on poorly-known EDGE fish, gymnosperms, bird, mammal, amphibian, reptile, shark or ray species.
The EDGE of Existence program is the only global conservation initiative to focus specifically on threatened species that represent a significant amount of unique evolutionary history. Using a scientific framework to identify the world’s most Evolutionarily Distinct and Globally Endangered (EDGE) species, the EDGE of Existence program highlights and protects some of the most unique and most wonderful species on the planet.
The two-year Fellowship comprises of:
- A 4-week Conservation Tools training course at the beginning of the program to provide Fellows with essential training in techniques to plan and implement their project;
- A grant of £10,000 to undertake a 2-year project on a top-priority EDGE species;
- Ongoing technical support via online modules, web-based tutorials/seminars, and field visits throughout the Fellowship;
- One-to-one support from a scientific advisor based at ZSL or a partner organisation;
- A 2-week Conservation Leadership training course in London on successful completion of Fellowship to help Fellows prepare for the next stage of their career.
You may be eligible for an EDGE Fellowship if you:
- Focus your work on an EDGE species included on the 2022 curated list.
- Are an early-career conservation biologist or wildlife manager (less than 10 years’ experience).
- Are a resident of a country in which the proposed focal species occurs.
Application for Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship
What follows is how to apply for the Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship 2022 Application:
All applications must include the following documentation:
- Completed and signed application form
- A copy of your CV (no more than 2 A4 sides)
- A recent photograph of yourself
- A map of your project site
- A copy of your risk assessment (using the ZSL template)
- Evidence of English competency (only if English is not your first language)
- Proof of your SCUBA diving skills (a scanned copy of your qualification card/certificate is sufficient) (if applicable)
- You must arrange for two letters of support from referees to be emailed to the same address, with your name as the subject of the email by the same deadline. One of these references must be from your in-country supervisor. These should be in word or PDF format, and not in the body of an email
Completed application forms should be sent by email, with the documents above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23:59 (BST) on July 17, 2022. When submitting your application, enter ‘EDGE Fellowship application_your name’ as the email subject line.
Deadline – Last day to Apply
Zoological Society of London EDGE of Existence Fellowship Application Deadline: The closing date for this opportunity is on July 17, 2022 –
Ends in: 101 days